Last Update / Effective Date: 13 March 2023
- SECTION 9 PROVIDES ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
- SECTION 10 PROVIDES ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS FOR EU RESIDENTS.
1. Categories of Personal Information we Collect
For the purposes of providing the online event and broadcast services, Sardius may collect on behalf of clients Personal Information that may be linked with an end user.
- A. Identifiers: Identifiers may include: name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address (“IP Address”), email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- B. Customer Records: This may include bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, signature, telephone number, and any other financial information which is collected on behalf of the client.
- C. Commercial Information: Including records of online products purchased through the services Sardius provides.
- E. Geolocation Data: Geolocation data if the client requires restricted access to Sardius services.
2. Categories of Sources
We may collect all categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources
- Source: We Collect Personal Information Directly From You. We collect Personal Information that you provide directly to us. Personal Information is required to use certain Site features, for example, to create an online account, contact us, receive or request data from us, and respond to communications from us.
- Accounts. To create an online account with Sardius, you must submit your name and email address, and any other required fields supplied by our clients and create a password. This data is used to populate a profile within your account.
- Marketing Communications; Opt-Out. If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from us, you must submit your name and email address. We use this data to send you promotional and other electronic communications. We may use third-parties or service providers to deliver communications to you. You may opt-out of such marketing emails by using the unsubscribe link in the email or contacting us at email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. To opt-out of other communications, please contact us as set forth below. Opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of non-marketing communications, such as emails about your account or transactions.
3. Access to YouTube Accounts
Sardius allows clients to stream live video to end users through YouTube . In order to do this clients must connect their YouTube account to Sardius. This will ask clients for permission to stream live video. Such use and access will adhere to the YouTube API Service Terms of Service and the Google API Services User Data Policy including the Limited Use Requirements. No Google or YouTube end user credentials will be shared to any third parties through use of the API Services.
4. Purpose for Collecting Personal Information
- We may use all categories of Personal Information listed above for the following business purposes:
- We may use Personal Information to respond to your questions, comments, or complaints.
- We may use personal information to administer end user accounts or facilitate transactions.
- We may use Personal Information to troubleshoot problems, related to the functionality of the sites we provide clients with.
- We may use personal information to notify you of essential communications such as changes to Terms or this Policy.
5. Categories of Third Parties and/or Services Providers with whom we share Personal Information
We may share all categories of Personal Information listed above with the following categories of third parties and/or service providers:
- Employees and Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with our employees and affiliates who have a need to know the information for our business purposes.
- Third-Parties and/or Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with third parties and/or service providers that provide services for us. For example, we may share Personal Information with vendors to help us host and manage the Site; improve the content and functionality of the Site; facilitate payments; perform data analysis and statistical analysis; troubleshoot problems with the Site; provide email services; provide data processing; and support or provide the security of the Site.
- Government Officials / Law Enforcement. We will cooperate with law enforcement and other governmental agencies, and may disclose Personal Information if required for such purposes.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or share Personal Information from children under 18. If a parent or legal guardian learns that their child provided us with Personal Information without his or her consent, please contact us and we will make commercially reasonable attempts to delete such Personal Information.
We do not sell the Personal Information of anyone under the age of 16 years old without affirmative authorization.
7. Data Security
We use commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to help secure Personal Information against loss, misuse, and alteration appropriate to the type of Personal Information processed. If a breach of your Personal Information occurs, we will notify you of the breach if required under applicable law.
8. Data Retention
We will keep personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is permitted or required by law.
9. California Residents
This Section 9 provides additional provisions that apply to residents of California. In the event of a conflict between this Section and the remainder of this Policy, this Section shall take precedence for California residents. In this Section only, any capitalized terms not defined in this Policy have the meanings set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”).
The Collection, Source, Purpose and Sharing of Your Personal Information.
- Categories of Personal Information. We collect the categories of Personal Information described in Section 1.
- Categories of Sources From Which Personal Information is Collected. The categories of sources from which your Personal Information is collected is described in Section 2.
- Purposes for Collecting Personal Information Our purposes for collecting your Personal Information are described in Section 3.
- Categories of Third Parties / Services Providers With Whom Personal Information is Shared. The categories of third parties and / or service providers with whom we share your Personal Information are described in Section 4.
We Do Not Sell Personal Information
- In the last 12 months we have not Sold your Personal Information and we currently do not Sell Personal Information. "Sale" / “Sold” / "Sell" has the definition set forth in the CCPA.
Categories Of Personal Information Disclosed For A Business Purpose
In the last 12 months we disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for our Business Purposes, where “Business Purposes” has the definition set forth in the CCPA. See the section above titled “Categories of Personal Information We Collect” for more detail on the type of Personal Information in each category.
- Category A: Identifiers
- Category B: Customer Records
- Category G: Geolocation Data
Your Rights to Access and Deletion.
- California residents have certain rights under the CCPA, such as the right to request certain information or request deletion of their Personal Information. Subject to certain limitations such as (a) exceptions permitted by applicable law and (b) verification of your identity, California residents may exercise the following rights with regard to their Personal Information:
- Right to Access. You have the right to access any of the following which occurred in the prior 12-month period: (a) the categories of Personal Information we collected from you, (b) the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, (c) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or Selling your Personal Information, (d) the categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information, (e) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected from you, and (f) a list of categories of Personal Information we disclosed for a Business Purpose in the last 12 months.
- Right to Deletion. You have a right to request that we delete Personal Information we collected from you. We will comply with such request, and direct our service providers to do the same, subject to certain exceptions permitted by applicable law.
How to Exercise Your Rights of Access and Deletion.
- To exercise your California rights described in this Section, you may submit your request to us by contacting us at any of the following: sardius.media/ccpa-data-request or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verifiable Consumer Request. In order to verify your request, you must provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information, and you must describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to your request.
- When we receive your request to exercise your rights under the CCPA: (a) we will acknowledge receipt of your request; (b) we will try to match the information you provide in making the request with information we already maintain about you; (c) if required to verify your identity, we may ask you to provide additional information, including personal information; (d) we will consider various factors when determining how to verify your identity, such as the sensitivity and value of the data, the risk of harm, the likelihood of fraud, etc.
- We will only use Personal Information we collect during the verification process for the purpose of verifying your identity. If you maintain an account with us, we may use that account to respond to your request and/or verify your identity. If we are unable to verify your identity as required by applicable laws and regulations, we will decline to comply with your request, and let you know why.
- When We Will Respond. We will try to respond to your request for access or deletion within 45 days. If we require additional time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. We may charge a fee to process or respond to your request if it is excessive or repetitive.
Non-Discrimination. California residents have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of their rights under the CCPA.
Who May Exercise Your Rights? You may only make a request to exercise your rights on behalf of yourself. You also have a right to submit requests to exercise your rights under the CCPA through an authorized agent. An authorized agent must be registered with the Secretary of State in California to conduct business in California. If you choose to use an authorized agent, Sardius may require the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request. Sardius may also require you to verify your own identity directly with Sardius or directly confirm with Sardius that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Shine the Light. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you have the right to obtain: (a) a list of all third parties to whom we may have disclosed your Personal Information within the past year for direct marketing purposes, and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed, by contacting us per the “Contact Us” Section below.
California’s “Do-Not-Track” Requirement. we currently do not respond to “do not track” requests.
10. European Residents
If you are located in the EU, you have certain rights under EU data protection law with respect to your Personal Information, including the rights to request access to, correct, and delete. You may also have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information in a commonly used and machine-readable format. You also may object to the processing of your Personal Information, or ask that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information in certain instances.
We primarily process Personal Information on behalf of and in accordance with the instructions of our customers, who may collect such information from you in the course of providing their services. Upon written request, with proper verification of identity at our sole discretion, we can promptly destroy, correct, amend and/or return to such verified consumer any and all Personal Information in our or our sub-processor’s control or possession, subject to our right to retain such information as deemed necessary to comply with legal obligations. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to such requests within thirty (30) days of receipt of such request and proper identity verification. All requests in this regard should be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please note that not all requests can be honored.
When Sardius processes your Personal Information, it has a legal basis for doing so as required under GDPR. Sardius will only process your Personal Information if: (i) it has received your express opt-in consent for such processing, (ii) the processing is necessary for performance of a contract, (iii) the processing is necessary for a legal obligation to which Sardius is subject, (iv) the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject, (v) the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest, or (vi) if Sardius or a third party has a legitimate interest that is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject. Personal Information that we receive may be transferred to and/or processed by third parties that are located outside of the EU. Sardius will only transfer EU data subject's Personal Information to third-parties located outside of the EU when it has ensured appropriate safeguards for such Personal Information, such as the standard contractual clauses with such third party. You have the right to submit a GDPR complaint to your local data protection authority. Contact details for the EU data protection authorities can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
11. Contact Us
If you have any questions you may contact us as set forth below:
- Sardius Media, LLC
1401 E 104 St #103, Kansas City, MO 64131, USA